Rallye Monte-Carlo podium
Thierry Neuville led under the stars of Rallye Monte-Carlo on Thursday evening, thrilling the thousands of fans who lined the alpine roads north-west of Monaco as early pacesetter Sébastien Ogier suffered a costly spin. The 2025 FIA World Rally Championship season launched in spectacular fashion, starting with a ceremonial send-off at Monaco’s iconic Casino Square. From there, crews – along with tens of thousands of fans - ascended into the French Alps.
Reacting to the news, M-Sport Ford Team Principal Richard Millener said: “Of course it is always hard to accept being beaten to the top prize, but to receive a highly commended recognition for More Than Machine says a lot about the quality and impact of the docuseries.
It was a remarkable year for Hyundai – they saw their first ever WRC drivers’ champion crowned as Thierry Neuville finally ended his wait for the coveted title, but ultimately fell short in the manufacturers’ fight on the final Wolf Power Stage at the season finale, FORUM8 Rally Japan. Hyundai had taken advantage of Toyota’s dropped points all season long, but it wasn’t enough as the Japanese manufacturer threw everything at the final day of their home event. For 2025, Hyundai bolstered their options with the arrival of Adrien Fourmaux, the Frenchman having spent the past year impressing at M-Sport Ford where he was able to secure five podium finishes. He pilots an i20 N Rally1 this year, alongside 2024 WRC drivers’ champion Thierry Neuville and a returning and vengeful Ott Tänak.
Secured its place as one finalists
Toyota driver Elfyn Evans emerged from last week’s Rallye Monte-Carlo with his equal best result of second place on the event – and the Welshman is happy with what he sees as a solid start to the season. Evans and co-driver Scott Martin had the whole Toyota team on the edge of their seats when he slid wide and clipped the rock face near the finish of the final stage. Talking about that slippier-than-expected right-hander, he said: “We had a close moment a few corners from the end but thankfully we managed to get away with it.”
Thierry Neuville led under the stars of Rallye Monte-Carlo on Thursday evening, thrilling the thousands of fans who lined the alpine roads north-west of Monaco as early pacesetter Sébastien Ogier suffered a costly spin. The 2025 FIA World Rally Championship season launched in spectacular fashion, starting with a ceremonial send-off at Monaco’s iconic Casino Square. From there, crews – along with tens of thousands of fans - ascended into the French Alps.